Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Review of Lisa Worrall's Forever Dusk

EXCERPT:

"I cannot believe I let you talk me into this. What the fuck am I doing?" Jonah complained, picking at the stupid ruffles on the stupid shirt Theo had insisted he wear.
"Being a whiny little bastard," Theo replied. "You're driving me nuts, dude. This is supposed to be an evening of mystery and adventure, not an evening of listening to you bitch and moan." Looking again at the directions written on the square of paper in his hand, he made a right turn.
Jonah ran a hand through his chestnut colored hair and winced when the huge costume ring he was wearing got caught in the soft waves. "This club had better be worth all the hype. I look like a refugee from a Dracula audition." He glanced over at Theo as he turned down an alleyway and steered the car to a stop. "What's this girl's name again?"
"Clarissa," Theo said, on a breathy sigh.
Jonah rolled his eyes. There it was again, the same stupid dreamy-eyed look Theo had been getting ever since he'd met this girl in the student union last weekend. "Will you stop thinking with your dick and concentrate," Jonah grumbled. "What time did Goth girl say she was meeting us?"
"Eleven," Theo replied, shutting off the engine and palming his keys. Turning to look at Jonah, he licked his thumb and reached toward his friend. "Your eyeliner is smudged."
"Dude," Jonah cringed, batting Theo's hand away. "I'll deal with my own eyeliner thanks. Which has got to be the weirdest thing I've ever said." Pulling down the mirror on the visor, he swiped a thumb underneath his eye.
Theo shrugged, glancing at his watch and pulling at the black ruffled shirt he was wearing. "I don't know why you're making such a fuss about a little bit of make-up. Don't you people wear it all the time?"
"You people?" Jonah huffed incredulously. "You're lucky we're friends, pal, or I'd be punching you in your stupid face right now. Just because I'm gay does not mean I wear lip gloss, eyeliner, and mince around in a pink tutu." He frowned at his best friend. "I find your stereotypical remarks offensive. But then I find most things about you offensive."
"Says the guy in the tight leather pants and satin shirt," Theo drawled back, not the slightest bit put out at the slur upon his character.
Jonah growled something about Theo's parentage not being quite legal and got out of the car, slamming the door behind him. The cold night air immediately permeated the thin fabric of the ruffled satin and he folded his arms across his chest in an attempt to retain some body heat. He thought of his nice warm room, with its nice warm couch and its nice warm TV. Jonah never really knew how he let Theo talk him into these things. Surely he knew well enough by now not to be sucked in when the "best friend" card was played? Obviously not, his inner voice whispered in his ear. If you did, you wouldn't be standing in a cold, dark alley dressed like an Anne Rice reject, while Theo waited for the flavor of the week.

What did I think of Forever Dusk? 

It was a dark and stormy club…. Okay, maybe that’s a little cheesy, unlike Lisa Worrall’s vampire M/M erotica, Forever Dusk. I know what you’re thinking, “Oh my goodness Heaven, you’re LDS and you read a vampire book?”  I’m inactive, so yes I did! *wink* I know I swore off novels that had anything to do with vampires, but this one, I could not escape the draw. Being a religious follower of Lisa Worrall’s blog (http://www.lworrall.blogspt.com), I never stood a chance against her fluid writing, in depth descriptions, and sultry scenes. 



Needless to say, when Forever Dusk released, I had to download my copy. I will admit part of me was hesitant to open my Ereader. M/M activities aren’t high on my ‘enjoy’ list. Before you judge that statement, let’s be clear on one thing, I do not judge or discriminate against anyone no matter their race, creed, gender, lifestyle or sexual preferences. We are all one race! So what is there to judge? Okay, enough of the PSA and back to the book.



Once I got past my own temporary close mindedness, I found myself clinging to every page of Forever Dusk. Right out of the gate, I felt as if I was, there watching the characters, Jonah and Theo, follow Clarissa into the vampiric (is that even a word? Doesn’t matter! It is now!) themed night club. I watched as Jonah made his way to the bar and was introduced to Sebastian, the totally hot club owner. Gay or straight, I would do either of these men in the bat of an eyelash. *mmm a  Heaven sammich*



What happens next? I will not divulge the details. It’s just too juicy to spoil. I can only tell you that Lisa Worrall has perfected the art of writing one hell of a hot scene. You’re saying to yourself right now, “But its two guys. How could that be hot?” As I read each sentence of carnal urgency, I didn’t see two men.  I saw two people sharing an intense, euphoric, sexual experience most only wish they could even come close to. *no pun intended on the come part*.



Everything from the clothes, to the club, right down to the awesomely, nitty gritty sex scene, Lisa Worrall gives you front row seats to the best movie your brain can conjure up. And she has given me a whole new genre to explore. Forever Dusk is a must read for anyone who enjoys Erotica. Even if M/M isn’t your thing, Lisa Worrall’s writing style will definitely captivate you!



I give this book 5 out of 5 Demons!



 Where can you get your copy? That's easy peasy and the best $2.99 you'll ever spend!




3 comments:

  1. Awwww - I love you!!!!!!
    My work is done... you are ONE OF US, now ;)

    Thank you for your kind words, baby. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Review Heaven :) Can't freaking wait to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a terrific book Heaven. Thanks for being open minded with the M/M stuff that is out of your comfort zone. I hope that this market will continue to gain followers and fans. We do our very best to have you love our guys as much as we do. Lisa did a great job with this one, but she knows that I'm a fan of all of her writing. It's why I selected her for the "Chasing the Dream" antho. She's just plain super talented. Good Review!

    ReplyDelete