Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ipod player from Heaven or Hell?

I'm officially freaked out. Last night hubby and I were getting ready to go to bed when I realized I still had my cell phone in my pocket. I turned on the hall light, which already gives my house an eerie glow, and go to put my cell phone on the charger in the living room. As I'm trying to plug it in, I swear it seemed as if something grabbed my elbow.

Now, anyone who personally knows me, knows that if you put a visible threat in front of me, I am fearless. I will run into a gunfight with nothing but my fists if I feel threatened. However, take away that visible threat and I'm running full steam ahead, down the hallway, screaming like a banshee.  Hubby appears at the bedroom door ready to take on the assailant that caused his wife to scream for bloody murder. When he realizes no one is in the house, he kindly plugs in my phone that I had dropped during the great escape and begins to tease me about watching Fact or Faked: Paranormal Investigations before bed.

Being the convincing, sweet guy he is, he calms me down as he snuggles me tightly in bed. "Relax honey," He says. "I'm sure it's the dark that scared you and nothing more." To which I reply "That was freaky." No sooner had the last syllable of the word "freaky" left my lips that it was interrupted by my Ipod suddenly turning on. "Take everything form the inside...." part of the chorus of Linkin Park's "from the Inside" song echoes throughout the home.

If the lyrics didn't creep me out enough, knowing that my Ipod player was located in my bathroom, couldn't possibly start playing on it's own accord (it's a pain in the butt to get it to play/pause on it's dock), let alone start the middle of a song that was not on the playlist I had been listening to earlier in the afternoon (I had been rocking out to Green Day's Dookie album while putting laundry away), was definitely enough to cause me to fly over to my husband side of bed and offer him up as the sacrificial soul for whatever entity decided to show up.

Being the brave man he is, hubby gets up and removes the Ipod from it's dock. To him, the problem's solved, problem's staying solve. Unfortunately for him, my imagination is already going a mile a minute. After hours of jumping at every thump, bump, tingle and itch, my Super Husband finally gets me to sleep.

The poor guy is dragging himself to work on only a couple hours of sleep in the name of protecting his wife from an Ipod player. I love you honey. You truly are the best and I do appreciate what you do. I'm still freaked out though so would you mind coming home real quick so I can go pee? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment